VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program
The Addiction Treatment Unit (ATU) provides an opportunity for recovery to Veterans who have problems with alcohol or drugs.
Who is Eligible: Registered VA Veterans are eligible for the ATU.
Admission into the Program: You will fill out an Intake Questionnaire, be interviewed by a counselor and then be advised of which part of the program would be appropriate for you based on the severity of your problems.
For more information contact ATU at (909) 825-7084 ext. 6909 or simply ask your physician for a referral to the ATU.
Addiction is a treatable disease.
People who use chemicals can experience, stress or emotional problems, family turmoil, legal or financial problems and job problems when using. Recovery includes not only staying away from chemicals, but improving the mental and physical conditions caused by the disease of addiction.
Description of Program
- Brief Hospitalization - For detox, medical or psychiatric reasons.
- ATU Day Treatment - Individuals will usually be housed at a local recovery home or may be approved to live at home while attending daily meetings at the VA Medical Center. Veterans placed at the recovery house will be on a government housing contract for normally one month.
- ATU Outpatient Program - After completion of Day Treatment, the outpatient program normally last eight months, starting with daily meetings while gradually decreasing to once a week therapy sessions. The outpatient program includes group therapy, couples and family groups, vocational counseling, volunteer work and involvement with Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Relapse Prevention Group - Patients with stable home and job situations who do not need the full program can attend the weekly Relapse Prevention Group after staff assessment and referral.
Significant Others Program (S.O.)
The ATU also offers a program for family and friends who suffer from the patient's erratic and sometimes violent behavior or who simply care and are concerned regarding the patients chemical use.
Meets: Every Tuesday, Walk-in's are welcome.
Time: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Loma Linda VA Medical Center, 2NW
Reminder: Family, friends and children are encouraged to attend whether the loved one is seeking treatment or not. Even if your loved one refuses help, ask us what to do.
- VA Loma Linda Medical Center
- 909-825-7084 Ext. 6907
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.