What is My HealtheVet?
Available 24/7 from any computer with Internet access, My HealtheVet provides a resource for Veterans, active duty servicemen, their dependents and caregivers to better manage their overall health and wellness, putting the power of prevention in their hands.
Why use My HealtheVet?
- View and refill your VA prescriptions online.
- Blue Button enables Veterans to download, view and print information entered in their Personal Health Record.
- Access medical libraries to research medical conditions, medications, health news and preventive health information.
- Wellness Reminders let you know it is time for a test or examination.
- View your future and past appointments. Receive email appointment reminders two weeks and three days before your scheduled time.
- Communicate with your provider (if participating) by Secure Messaging. Ask questions, schedule an appointment or request prescription renewals. NOTE: This is not for urgent communications!
Where can I register and get authenticated for My HealtheVet?
Registration: (Open to Veterans, Family Members, Employees and Associates)
- Home Computer
- Patient Education Center in Main Lobby of Medical Center
Authentication: (Patients only, to access your information, identify prescriptions by name or use Secure Messaging)
Bring the completed, signed authentication form with your driver's license or VA ID to the Loma Linda VA Medical Center or community clinics. Patient Education or your provider can receive your form and verify your identity.
How to Register and Authenticate:
- Log onto My HealtheVet at www.myhealth.va.gov
- Click on Register Today/Start Here
- Click OK on the Security Alert pop-up dialog box.
- Complete all information with an asterisk (*). Make sure your name is entered as it appears on your VA ID Card and check the box by VA patient.
- Create your user ID (user name) and password following the instructions on the screen. Write down your user ID and Password and keep them in a safe place.
- Pick 2 password hint questions and answer them in case you forget or lose your password. Choose questions that have only one possible answer that you won't forget.
- Click on In-Person Authentication or log in and click on In-person Authentication
- View one of the orientation videos
- Download, read and sign VA Form 10-5345a-MHV (PDF). This is an individuals request for a copy of their own health information which will allow you to view your VA medical information online.
- Bring your completed and signed form with a government issued Photo ID to your VA providers office or to the Patient Education Center at the Medical Center.
Questions? Call Sharon Hartman, My HealtheVet Coordinator (909) 583-6220