VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
Volunteer Youth Program 2019
Friday, April 5, 2019VA Loma Linda Healthcare System will kick off the 2019 Summer Youth Volunteer Program on Wednesday, April 17 at 6 p.m. and Sunday, May 5 at 2:30 p.m. Any youth between the ages of 14-17 years old can attend an orientation training for those wishing to volunteer. Orientation will be held in the Medical Center Auditorium.
The Summer Youth Program is a great opportunity for youths to learn structure and responsibilities in a work environment - from completing a job application and responding to interview questions, to managing time and assignments - all which contributes towards improving the quality service we provide to our Veterans.
Key points to know:
Participants MUST have his or her parent or guardian present to attend this orientation. There are no make-up dates.
- Program space is limited and on a first come, first serve basis.
- Youth volunteers must have celebrated their 14th Birthday by Dec. 31, 2018
- All youth volunteers will be scheduled for a personal job placement interview.
- Program is open to all youth
- Youth will begin their volunteer assignment on June 25
- The end-of-summer event is slated for August 13
For more information or to sign up your youth to volunteer, please contact by email Nerlande Pierre or call (909) 583-6011.