VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
Summer Volunteer Youth Program 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018VA Loma Linda Healthcare System will kick off the 2018 Summer Youth Volunteer Program on Tuesday, May 8. Any youth between the ages of 14-17 years old can attend an orientation training for those wishing to volunteer. Orientation will begin at 5 p.m. in the Medical Center Auditorium.
The Summer Youth Program is a great opportunity for youths to learn structure and responsibilities in a work environment - from completing a job application and responding to interview questions, to managing time and assignments - all which contributes towards improving the quality service we provide to our Veterans.
Key points to know:
Participants MUST have his or her parent or guardian present to attend this orientation. There are no make-up dates.
- May 8, 2018 will be the only time this special orientation is offered
- Youth volunteers must have celebrated their 14th Birthday by Dec. 31, 2017
- Program space is limited
- Program is open to all youth
- Youth will begin their volunteer assignment on June 21
- The end-of-summer event is slated for August 9
For more information or to sign up your youth to volunteer, please contact Nerlande Pierre or John Bischler or (909) 583-6011.