VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
Summer Youth Volunteer Program 2017
Wednesday, May 3, 2017VA Loma Linda Healthcare System will kick off the 2017 Summer Youth Volunteer Program on Saturday, May 20. Any youth between the ages of 14-17 years old can attend an orientation training for those wishing to volunteer. Orientation will begin at 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Medical Center Auditorium.
The Summer Youth Program is a great opportunity for youths to learn structure and responsibilities in a work environment - from completing a job application and responding to interview questions, to managing time and assignments - all which contributes towards improving the quality service we provide to our Veterans.
Key points to know:
Participants MUST have his or her parent or guardian present to attend this orientation. There are no make-up dates.
- May 20, 2017 will be the only time this special orientation is offered
- Youth volunteers must have celebrated their 14th Birthday by Dec. 31, 2016
- Program space is limited
- Program is open to all youth
- Youth assignments and work schedule letters will be mailed by June 9
- Youth will begin their volunteer assignment on June 19
- The end-of-summer event is slated for August 9
For more information or to sign up your youth to volunteer, please contact Nerlande Pierre or (909) 583-6011.