Two Volunteer Transportation Networks and Free Service
Any Veteran who can't make it to their appointment because of lack of transportation can use our Volunteer Transport Network. Veterans must call and reserve a ride as seats are on a first come - first serve basis.
Requirements are minimal
- Be a Vet!
- We ask for at least three days notice or up to a month in advance, as we rely on donated vans and volunteer drivers to provide this service. Without prior notice, drivers and/or vehicles may not be readily available.
- You must have an appointment at the Medical Center with expectations to be complete and ready to return home by 1 p.m. All vans depart at 1 p.m. from the Medical Center. A Caregiver (verfied status from a Medical Doctor) may travel with the Veteran only if there is space available. No persons under the age of 18 is allowed on the van.
- Veterans must be able to step into the van. There are no wheelchair lifts on the vans, so wheelchairs and scooters cannot be transported.
DAV Transportation serves the
- Apple Valley
- Lucerne Valley
- Oak Hills
- Grand Terrace
- Mira Loma
- Rancho Cucamonga
- San Bernardino
- San Jacinto
- Sun City
- Joshua Tree
- Morongo Valley
- Twentynine Palms
- White Water
- Yucca Valley
Murrieta Area DAV Van
Van service runs Monday through Friday and has three pick up locations.
- Murrieta VA Clinic 7:40 a.m.
- Sun City 7:55 a.m.
- Coco's in Hemet at 8:15 a.m.
Reservations for all of the above are made by contacting the DAV Transportation Coordinator, Steven Salazar to schedule for transportation at (909) 583-6014.
AMVETS Transportation Serving the
There are three pick up area (no wheelchairs):
- Cathedral City Civic Center
- Palm Springs Mall (Baristo and Farrel Dr.)
- Desert Regional Medical Center
Please contact the AMVETS Dispatcher at (760) 200-1383 to get a seat on the bus.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver, please contact Voluntary Service at (909) 583-6011 for more information.