Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
- One Stop Check In
- At your next appointment at the medical center or at one of our community clinics, it will now be easier to check in, with a swipe of your card and a tap of your finger. Don't wait in line to check in.
- HealtheLiving Assessment
- A powerful new tool can help Veterans better understand their health habits and overall health. Veterans can find this tool available on the My HealtheVet website at www.myhealth.va.gov.
- New Veteran Health ID Cards
- The VA is mailing out a brand new Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) to protect Veterans by enhancing security and decreasing the possibility of identity theft. Find out how you will receive yours.
- VA Loma Linda Recognized as Top Performer
- The Jerry L. Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center in Loma Linda was named a “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Flu Shots for Veterans
- The VA Loma Linda Healthcare System wants you to stay healthy and we encourage you to get your flu shot. Visit the Medical Center or our community clinics to receive your flu shots.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- Managing Stress: Good for Your Health
- Too much stress can have serious consequences—both for you and those around you. Luckily, VA provides a number effective ways to help Veterans better manage stress and stay healthy.
- We've Re-Designed Our Entire Website for You!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. This redesign is based on feedback from Veterans and VA facilities around the country.
- Million Veteran Program
- VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is one of 50 medical center's selected across the nation to serve as an enrollment site for the Million Veteran Program (MVP), a research program that will help us better understand how genes affect Veterans' health and illness.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.